[FIXED] Stop, collaborate, get paid - Fearless Salary Negotiation w/ Josh Doody
I welcome Josh Doody, author of Fearless Salary Negotiation, onto the show. We talk about determining your market value, why you shouldn't ever be scared to negotiate an offer, and how COVID-19 has affected the job market for software developers.
@JoshDoody of Fearless Salary Negotiation
- How to know what you're worth; determining your market value - 4:20
- How to increase what you're worth: 7:40
- How has COVID-19 affected job and salary opportunities: 10:45
- Look for opportunities where you can deliver value to companies - 13:15
- Can negotiation cost you a job offer? - 15:00
- You should feel like you are collaborating with the person who made you the job offer - 19:30
- Listener question: Can you negotiate your salary at your current job? 21:30
- Should you accept counteroffers after threatening to leave? 27:00
- Should working remote affect your salary? 32:30
Join the conversation
Follow along as we explore the human side of software.